Tuesday, January 6, 2015

HAPPY EPIPHANY!

At our home we keep the Christmas tree up and the outside Christmas lights on until January 7th, the day after Epiphany.  Christmas is such a short season and it seems most people are ready to pack it up a day or two after Christmas Day.  Epiphany gives us a chance to extend it. If it were up to me I'd keep the lights outside on throughout the season, but...

Here's a poem a I wrote for the occasion:

 
Epiphany
 
                                      You are mine,
                                               My beloved, my pleasure,
                                                          My faith in you is boundless.
                                                                     Remember this as you enter the wilderness.
 
                                        There temptation will teach you.
                                                 There you will be discovered.
                                                            There you will find me.
                                                                       There, in the stillness, I await.
 
                                        In your face is mine.
                                                  My light shines in your presence.
                                                             Brightness is in the sound of your voice,
                                                                       Illuminating a path for all to see.
 
                                          Great things you will do.
                                                     Others will follow you.
                                                               My faith in you is boundless,
                                                                        And it pleases me that you are mine.
 
Norm Wright                                                                                                                January 6, 2015
 
 
**********
 

 
 I'll get back to some serious stuff shortly.

Until then, stay faithful
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment