Tuesday, April 21, 2015

ETERNAL LOVE INCARNATE



It's time for an interlude.  As a church organist, I sometimes compose music and write hymns.  Here's a hymn I wrote in 2005:


Eternal Love Incarnate
 
                                   
                                                          Eternal Love incarnate
                                                          And living Word divine,
                                                          The source of every being
                                                          Born in mortal time.
 
                                                          I cannot probe the depth
                                                         Nor comprehend the height,
                                                         Nor measure the mystery
                                                         In which I find my life.
 
                                                         I see, but very dimly.
                                                         I grasp, but cannot hold
                                                        The very Truth which holds me;
                                                        The truth I long to know.
 
                                                        I seek that I may find it,
                                                        That which holds my life.
                                                        Your Truth I feel surrounds me,
                                                        The very source of light.
 
                                                        Eternal Love incarnate
                                                        And living Word divine,
                                                        Your Truth, Your Light, illumines me
                                                        Beyond the span of time.         
 
 
                    Norm Wright
                    August 12, 2005    
 
 
Until next time, stay faithful.             
 


No comments:

Post a Comment