Wednesday, December 10, 2014

INTERLUDE

I think I may have started out on a somewhat heavy note for my first tw0 posts.  So, every now and then, I'm going to blog about something different. 

I don't want to give you the impression that I'm some pedantic old fart who doesn't have a life. 

I do have a life with a lovely wife of 31 years and our two beautiful daughters. I'm also an organist and pianist who likes to compose music for services, but mostly who does free improvisations. Hence the title of this post- Interlude. There'll be others.

I also enjoy writing poetry, and in years past did some oil and watercolor paintings. 

Since its the Advent Season, I thought I'd share a poem I wrote a few years back.

* * * * * * * * * *
PREPARATION
 

The Advent season has arrived, how swiftly time is passing by.
         "String the lights around the house!" "Find a tree before they run out!"
 
Shop at the mall or shop on-line for those whose gifts are hard to find.
          Start to bake and start to plan for Christmas is about to land.
 
Listen to music, right for the season.
          Buy chocolate and mints without a good reason.
 
And when all is done, and all is ready, sit in the warmth of Christmas Tree
           Lights, sipping minted, hot chocolate with childish delight.
 
Norm Wright
December 13, 2008
* * * * * * * * * *
Until next time, stay faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment